Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spur-of-the-moment Vegetable Soup

I'm a week behind for my French Fridays with Dorie. Today I made her stone soup. I opted to puree the soup (to make it more kid friendly). I separated a third of the batch into a smaller pot and then added alphabet pasta to make it more appealing to the kids.



 Honestly though, this was so tasty, they probably would've eaten it sans pasta.


Now I'm off to tuck the kids in for the evening. For bedtime, I think I'll share what I remember of the beggar's stone soup. 

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I like how thin you have made it so that the alphabet really stands out... i bet that was pretty inviting for the kiddos! :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stone soup folktale - so many different versions but they all end with the same wonderful message. I hope you told it well and that your children enjoyed it. And, aren't they the lucky ones that their Mommy would throw some alphabet letters in the pot as well. Cute kids. I like their poses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls used to love ABC soup when they were little :-)
    Glad this one was a hit.

    ReplyDelete